6 On-Screen Thrift Store Moments That Will Inspire Your Next Shopping Trip
Call all the thrift stores, tell them we're coming to live our best life.
1. Making Bank at Beacon's Closet, Broad City.
Abbi whipping off a fur coat is giving us MAJOR Macklemore vibes. Also, can we have an aunt with a cute apothecary bag, too? Asking for a friend.
2. Know What Your Sh*t's Worth, Girlboss.
Based on the true story of Nasty Gal founder Sophia Amoruso, this is a key moment in the pilot of the short-lived Netflix show. A key moment, with key advice: know what your sh*t's worth.
3. Carrie and Miranda Fight About Big, Sex and the City.
They may be fight about - who else - Mr. Big, but it's cool to see Carrie shopping somewhere that *doesn't* have $700 pumps for sale.
4. Jake Takes the Team Undercover at the Thrift Store, Brooklyn 99.
Be honest, we've all done the happy dance that we imagine is slow-mo in our minds when we find something *really* good.
5. Anatomy of a Scene: Thrifting, Lady Bird
Thrift stores usually aren't thought of as beautiful places, so we love how Lady Bird Director Greta Gerwig breaks down a scene from Lady Bird and shows us another side of thrifting you don't always think of.
6. "You Should Probably Get a Suit", Napoleon Dynamite.
Basically, this is us walking out of the house in our favorite new thrifted outfit. Every. Single. Time.
What's your favorite thrifting on-screen moment?